July 16, 2010

Our Wedding Dance


For some strange reason this song keeps appearing on my shuffles so I decided I needed to share it. At our wedding reception, Jeff and I wanted to share a dance together, a dance that symbolized so much more than the love we shared. As we approached the dance floor the sounds of So Close by Jon McLaughlin began to play and a flood of emotions filled my mind. As we swayed together I couldn't help but smile at the fact that I was so close to my best friend, so safe, so happy, so peaceful, so relieved, so close to the famous happy end and so in love!
Now as I am listening to this song, new meanings and new emotions are flooding my thoughts. "How could I face that faceless day if I were to loose you now?" On our blissful wedding day I would have never imagined that I would be facing that faceless day by loosing the man who I was so close to.
But wait! How about switching the words around...so far, so far but still so close! The irony of this song has just left me speechless because I am blessed enough to still feel him close. Even though I am not in Jeff's arms and I am not physically close to him, I know and believe that he is still just as close to me as he was on our wonderful wedding day.

4 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

You just made me cry. I hope it is OK that I am on here-I just came off of Leah's. I think about you all of the time and I cannot believe it is coming up on the year mark. You are such a strong, amazing woman! Hope you are doing well.

Becky Andrews said...

Oh, that is a beautiful song and will think of you and Jeff when I hear it. Love you.

Carl Johnson said...

It was great seeing and visiting with you last night. You ARE an Angel...so valiant and courageous. I enjoy reading your blog, thanks for sharing. Lots of love from our family.

Pamela and John said...

Krystal, you are so amazing. I love you and am always praying you'll have the blissful life you deserve.